Use this list of small business conversation questions to improve your vocabulary and learn English faster as you explore every aspect of the business world. ESL conversation questions are one of the best ways to achieve fluency and speak English as much as you can.
List of small business conversation questions
- Do you enjoy supporting small businesses? Why or why not?
- What are some of the advantages of running a business?
- What are some of the disadvantages of running a business?
- Do you like the idea of owning a business? Why or why not?
- If you could start any type of business, what type of business would you start?
- Would you prefer to run a large multi-location business or a small business?
- What are some of the challenges of hiring employees?
- What are some things that make a business “good” or “great”?
- What are some things that can make a business “bad”?
- What is the difference between business English and everyday English?
- What are some examples of business English expressions or jargon?
- Do you think that you have an entrepreneurial spirit?
- What are the most important qualities for a business owner to have?
- What kind of person would not be a good entrepreneur or business owner?
- Do you think that people behave differently in professional business settings? If so, how?
- Do you think that entrepreneurs only get into business to make money?
- Is it okay to break the rules in business?
- Is it okay to bend the rules in business?
- What can happen when a business owner decides to cut corners?
- Can you name any famous entrepreneurs?
- What are some examples of a “recession-proof business”? List as many as you can.
- What are some examples of business attire? List as many as you can.
- Are you at negotiating with business owners and salespeople?
- What advice would you give to someone who is thinking about starting their own business?
- What are the steps to starting a business? List as many as you can.
- What kind of technology do business owners need in today’s world?
- Do you think that it is common for businesses to succeed?
- What can governments do to support startups and small businesses?
- What things can customers do to support their favorite local businesses?
- What are some of your favorite small businesses? Why are they your favorites?
David Rockefeller famously said: “Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you’re not frightened by these things, the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were.”
The same applies for learning English. Practice as much as you can. And you’ll be speaking English with confidence in no time.