Mental health conversation questions will spark some fascinating discussions and help your students practice their English speaking skills. However, mental health can be a sensitive discussion topic for many people.
It’s always best to check that your students and their conversation partners are open to these kinds of questions before getting started.
List of mental health conversation questions
- What factors impact someone’s mental health? List as many as you can.
- What mental health issues can you name in English? List as many as you can.
- Is it acceptable to discuss mental health in your culture?
- Is there a stigma attached to mental health in your country?
- Is it okay to discuss mental health with your family?
- Has the world’s understanding of mental health changed over time? If so, how?
- How do you manage your own mental health?
- How would you rate your current mental health status out of 10?
- Do you think that everyone struggles with mental health issues from time to time? Why or why not?
- What are some of the best things a person can do to improve their mental health?
- What should someone do if their mental health is suffering?
- Do you think that stress can impact mental health?
- Can someone’s job impact their mental health? How?
- Can someone’s personal finances affect their mental health? How?
- In what ways can culture affect a person’s mental health?
- In what ways does society support people with mental health issues?
- What else can (or should) society do to help those suffering with mental health issues?
- Do you think the world will address mental health differently in the future?
- Are physical health and mental health related? How?
- What is the most effective way to seek help for mental health challenges?