If you’re looking for ways to make your next English conversation class interesting, ask your students to get into groups or pairs and ask them to discuss personal appearance.
These 25 ESL conversation questions will help your students learn personal appearance English vocabulary while they’re having fun!
25 ESL conversation questions about personal appearance
- How often do you get your hair cut?
- What are some different types of hairstyles for women that are popular in your country?
- What are some different types of hairstyles for men that are popular in your country?
- Have you ever had a manicure or a pedicure?
- Have you ever done waxing? Why/why not?
- Have you ever had any other beauty treatments to improve your personal experience?
- What kinds of clothes do you like to wear?
- What is your favourite thing to wear?
- What kinds of shoes do you like to wear?
- How would you describe your personal style?
- Where do you think your personal style comes from?
- What is the first thing you notice when you meet someone?
- Do you judge others based on their personal experience? Why/why not?
- If someone had food stuck in their teeth, would you tell them? Why/why not?
- How much time do you spend getting ready for work?
- Do you enjoy spending time on your appearance? Why/why not?
- Do you take pride in your appearance? Why/why not?
- How much money do you spend each month on your personal appearance?
- What do you think about young girls wearing makeup?
- What about men wearing makeup?
- Do you think men or women have it easier when it comes to beauty standards?
- Are beauty standards like in your home country different to the rest of the world? If so, how?
- Do you think it’s appropriate to include photos on job applications? Why/why not?